10 Branding Tips That Will Boost Your Local Search Ranking – Best SEO Podcast 323
Not too many potatoes this week, but the news includes…
- Amazon hits 100 BILLION in annual sales…
- Tesla’s growth in the self-driving car industry…
- Yahoo’s over-inflated self evaluation…
- How many trillions of searches Google handles a year…
- A solid recommendation for the book, ‘Confessions of Employee Number 59’
Our #PunchInTheFace this week goes out to Wesley Young, the VP of Public Policy at Local Search Association, and his recent post on Search Engine Land, ’10 Tips for Building a Local Brand that will Boost Your Local Search Ranking.’
A good local SEO strategy is about more than just understanding the principles of on-page optimization and link building. It requires understanding the dynamics and culture of the local consumer. Local business owners are often local residents, and are a part of the community. They can use this to their advantage.
#0 – Wrap your truck. Don’t cram too much info on their but do it. And do it right.
Here are his ten tips:
- Target Local Publications – for oh so many reasons.
- Then, target the small Hyper-Local Publications.
- Get mentioned in reviews. Ask for reviews.
- Engage your community. Online & in person. Be a local rockstar. Build relationships.
- Give people something to talk about.
- Use local language. Local lingo.
- Use content to demonstrate your expertise.
- Leverage the national brands you carry to promote your own.
- Focus on branding with ad impressions, not conversions
- Be found, Be chosen.
Wesley Young, posted at Search Engine Land
SEO PODCAST EPISODE 323 | 10 Branding Tips That Will Boost Your Local Search Ranking